How to Get Started with Clicker Training / Positive Reinforcement in Horsemanship Theory Workshop
With Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons.
Founder of The Non Ridden Equine Association UK, Horsemanship Practitioner, Artist and Author. Her approach has been showcased in many different national magazines.
Date & Time: Saturday 27th April 2019. 10am – 1pm
Venue: Coventry, CV4 7DJ.
Cost: £45.00 per person.
Booking and payment in advance of the workshop.
Places are limited to 6 people.
- Do you want to help your horse to overcome fear of scary objects?
- Would you like to play with your horse?
- Does your horse get easily distracted and would you like your horse to concentrate?
- Would you like an accurate way to let your horse know it has done the right thing?
- Are you curious about how to get an incredible bond between human and horse?
- Do you want a partnership with your horse based on saying yes?
- Would you like to build self-motivation with activities that are fun?
- Are you curious on how to unlock potential and be successful?
- Yes to any of the above then read on……
What The Theory Workshop Will Cover:-
- What is Clicker / Positive Reinforcement Training?
- How to Get Started With Clicker / Positive Reinforcement Training.
- How to Teach Your Horse to Target Touch, and Why This is Useful.
- Dispelling Myths – EG: Food Reward = Bad Behaviour?
- What Other Rewards can also be used as Positive Reinforcement?
- What is Negative Reinforcement?
- Negative and Positive Reinforcement are Extrinsic Motivational Tools with limitations. How Positive Reinforcement is the gateway to ignition of Intrinsic Motivation (Self-Motivation).
- Why is Self-Motivation so Important in Horsemanship?
- Sensitization and Habituation.
- Learning Styles.
- Top Tips for Dealing with Set Backs and to Staying Motivated
Refreshments of tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
How to Book Your Place: Please use the form below. Once we have recieved your booking request we will contact you with more details of the workshop and how you can pay for your place.
Payment Options: Cheque, PayPal or Bank Transfer.
All attendees on the workshop will take home a detailed resource pack and a treat bag to clip to your belt or saddle for holding a good supply of treats.
One to one follow up practical sessions will be available.